On your path to home ownership, Keystart will be your trusted partner. As a comprehensive housing assistance programme, Keystart offers a range of services, from grants and guidance to budget management, empowering families to achieve their dream of owning an HDB flat.
Join us on your journey to a secure and affordable home.
What do we support:
KeyStart Eligibility Criteria
1. The applicant should currently be staying in an HDB rental flat. Applicants who are currently staying in homeless shelters or temporary accommodation will be considered accordingly.
2. The applicant must apply with at least 1 school-going or younger child in the household.
3. The applicant’s household should have at least 1 Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident adult and 1 Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident child. Families who have foreign spouses or children are still eligible to apply.
KeyStart Application Process Families may apply by themselves or referred by any social service agency. The respective application process is detailed below:
Please note that if you are currently working with a social worker or any social service agency, please approach them for their assistance to refer you to KeyStart, which will help expedite the processing of your application.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR YOURSELF, PLEASE EMAIL US WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
2. Contact Number
3. Language Spoken
4. Current Address
5. Which days and times are best for us to contact you?
6. Have you applied for an HDB Flat Eligibility letter (HFE)?
7. Have you applied for an HDB flat or booked an HDB, or are you waiting for the keys?
Please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond to you within seven working days.
IF YOU ARE FROM ANOTHER SOCIAL SERVICE/ RELEVANT AGENCY, PLEASE EMAIL US WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Demographic Details – Name, NRIC, Household Members, Contact Details, Language spoken.
2. Financial Information/Situation - Household income, CPF Ordinary Account Balance for all adults in the household, Income and Expenditure, Information on arrears or debts.
3. Employment History: Current employment status and income, past 15 months employment history and stability, and any health concerns.
4. Housing Information – Previous home ownership/housing history, current stage for homeownership (any ongoing/successful flat application/booking/grants/loans).
5. Presenting Issues – Current presenting issues, Interventions and Support Network, Actions Taken/Working Goals
6. Children’s Education – Please confirm that children of schooling age attend school regularly, and if not, please indicate reasons and action plans on this issue.
7. Supporting Documents – Please provide the family’s HDB Flat Eligibility (HFE) letter (mandatory requirement).
For families who are not under the HFE system, please provide their Housing Loan Eligibility (HLE) letter. For families who do not have an HFE letter, please assist them with an HFE application via the HDB website before referring to KeyStart. For families who have barriers to obtaining HFE/HLE, please indicate to us accordingly. Please send your email to email@example.com, and we will respond to you within seven working days.
KeyStart Basic Habitation
Please note that the KeyStart Basic Habitation programme will only cover the below aspects, and the family will not be allowed to take any further loans related to renovating their new flat.
•Flooring (if required)
• Plumbing, toilet, and basic sanitation
• Window Grilles
• Lighting and fans
• Electrical Works
• Kitchen Carpentry and some essential appliances
KeyStart Impact Statistics (as of 31 Mar 2023)